I’m flying out to San Francisco on Friday morning, and I’ve got 3 critters ready to go for adoption! Here’s some tips if you plan on trying to find one of my little dudes this coming weekend:
- Follow me either on facebook or twitter, but I highly suggest twitter for drop-tracking. Facebook does a weird thing where it doesn’t show my posts in real-time based on whatever magical algorithm they use to control people’s newsfeeds.
- Follow the hashtag #CRITTERDROP to filter out my tweets if you want to see the ones pertaining to the drops only.
- Set up a twitter mobile alert on your phone! This isn’t required, but it’ll help! This way your phone will buzz every time I make a post on twitter, so you won’t miss a single drop! You might end up with your phone buzzing like crazy if I’m geeking out over something during my trip, but otherwise I’ll try to keep it tame. 😉 Instructions on how to set this up can be found here.
- If you find a critter, let me know that you found it! Please, please, PLEASE check in if you find a critter. Each one is tagged with a card with my contact info. I just ask for two things if you find one: 1) Send me a photo of your new friend, and 2) Let me know where the critter’s new home will be so I can add it to my map! I do this knowing that there’s a potential that anyone could swipe the critter and never get back to me on it, but it doesn’t make it any less disheartening when one goes missing.
- Critters will be dropped one at a time. No pairs/groups of critters.
To recap, here’s who I’m dropping this weekend:
I’ll be in town 11/6-11/9, but I only plan on doing drops from 11/6-11/8, and I’ll only drop one critter per day. And a warning that I’ll most likely end up dropping them at touristy spots since I’m visiting as a tourist! Otherwise let’s get these guys some good homes! Happy hunting, everyone!