Like many others, I watched Infinity War last week. And I can’t talk about it. There’s a LOT that happens, and just about everything could potentially be a spoiler. So I’ll just say that there were Avengers present. And they said and did stuff.
The movie started with a Hulk.
And there was a Thanos.
Thanos wanted to collect some pretty rocks so he could destroy the universe. That’s bad.
Then there was a Captain America.
A bunch of other people showed up and they had a big fight. The end. There really isn’t anything else I could say without revealing too much, but I’ll throw in my own thoughts towards the end of this post.
Otherwise I’ll say my little Hulk’s been upgraded compared to the first one I made seven years ago!
Summer of 2011. Lookit this little guy. It’s like looking back at an old yearbook photo.
Fast forward to 2018. He’s bigger, and a little more hulk-like. He could probably pass as a super saiyan with that hair.
Little Avengers for scale. Black Panther’s ears give him slightly more height. 😀
Otherwise here are my spoileriffic thoughts on the movie. If you haven’t seen it, SPOILERS ABOUND. I’ve written everything in white text so you’ll need to highlight over it to read it.
SPOILERS AHEAD, HIGHLIGHT AT YOUR OWN PERIL.
- WTF I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE A NICE SENDOFF FOR THE OG AVENGERS AND PASS THE TORCH ON TO THE NEWBIES.
- So yeah. Stunned at the ending. Holy shit.
- I was initially worried that the movie was going to be too crowded and overwhelming, but I felt like they did a really good job in segmenting everything and pacing it well.
- I’m thinking Loki and Heimdall are dead for good. I’m thinking Vision will be back. And I’m hoping Gamora stays dead because I think it would diminish the significance of Thanos throwing her off the cliff, but I have a feeling she’ll be back too. Everyone else who turned to ash will be back (duh).
- I didn’t think Thanos’s paternal feelings for Gamora were developed enough for me to feel bad about it. When he threw her off the cliff it was more like “Oh. I guess he was really attached. Whoops” vs. “OMG HE LOVED HER THIS IS SO SAAAAAAD.”
- Loved the new Spidey suit! I wasn’t familiar with Iron Spider from the comics but it was cool to see Spider-Man’s suit resemble an actual spider.
- Also Peter Parker broke my heart at the end. Ugh. UGH.
- Tom Holland killed his part in the movie! (okay, poor choice of words there) He’s so freaking good at being Peter Parker. I’m excited to see what else he brings to the table in future movies because he’s totally coming back.
- One thing that initially bugged me was that I kept thinking Dr. Strange can turn back time, WHY DOESN’T HE JUST ROLL THAT SHIT BACK. Then my friend brought up a good point that he probably considered that in one of his 14 million scenarios and knew it wouldn’t work.
- Thor! Holy crap Thor’s skyrocketed from bottom of the barrel in terms of Marvel characters to one of my top favorites. I hope our dear pirate angel hybrid is okay.
- …we have a space Nazi! Red Skull’s reveal was awesome.
- GIANT DINKLAGE. YES.
- This scene is a lie.
- Not sure how I feel about Vision and Scarlet Witch’s romance, but having her kill him, then watch Thanos bring him back to life and kill him AGAIN was brutal.
- Pepper Potts better not be pregnant. I’d roll my eyes so hard. On the other hand I trust that Marvel would make it work if that were the case, but I’m still really hoping not.
- Korg!!! Where was Korg?!?! I must know.
Alright, I’ll leave everyone with that. Otherwise little Hulk, Captain America, and Thanos will all be up for grabs at San Diego Comic-Con! Find them and they’re yours to keep!
If you want to join my hunt for crocheted critters at San Diego Comic-Con this year, follow me on either twitter or facebook to track my drops! I just ask for two things if you find a critter: 1) Send me a photo of your new friend! 2) Let me know where the little buddy’s new home will be! Good luck, and happy hunting!
The Geeky Hooker