I’m heading to Seattle and Vancouver next week for a vacation! And I’ve decided to take some critters with me! I’ll be in Seattle from 9/25-9/27 and Vancouver from 9/28-9/30 to eat my way around both cities, see some scenery, and just have a good time in general. Here’s who will be tagging along with me on my trip:
A rich kid with abandonment issues.
A teeny patriot.
A loud-mouthed Canadian.
And a less loud-mouthed Canadian.
Batman and Captain America will be dropped in Seattle, and the two Canadians will be dropped in Vancouver! I mean, Deadpool HAS to be dropped somewhere in Vancouver. I’d be highly disappointed in myself if I didn’t do that. I’ll be doing drops in Seattle on 9/25-9/26 and in Vancouver on 9/28-9/29. No drops on 9/27, I’ll be spending most of my day hiking, so everyone can rest easy then! One drop per day!
If you’ve never followed my drops before, here’s what you need to know:
- Follow me either on facebook or twitter, but I highly suggest twitter for drop-tracking. Facebook does a weird thing where it doesn’t show my posts in real-time based on whatever magical algorithm they use to control people’s newsfeeds.
- Follow the hashtag #CRITTERDROP to filter out my tweets if you want to see the ones pertaining to the drops only.
- Set up a twitter mobile alert on your phone! This isn’t required, but it’ll help! This way your phone will buzz every time I make a post on twitter, so you won’t miss a single drop! You might end up with your phone buzzing like crazy if I’m geeking out over something during my trip, but otherwise I’ll try to keep it tame. 😉 Instructions on how to set this up can be found here.
- If you find a critter, let me know that you found it! Please, please, PLEASE check in if you find a critter. Each one is tagged with a card with my contact info. I just ask for two things if you find one: 1) Send me a photo of your new friend, and 2) Let me know where the critter’s new home will be so I can add it to my map! I do this knowing that there’s a potential that anyone could swipe the critter and never get back to me on it, but it doesn’t make it any less disheartening when one goes missing.
- I’ll be dropping on critter per day on 9/25-9/26 (in Seattle) and 9/28-9/29 (in Vancouver). No pairs/groups of critters.
No specific hints on where my critters will be dropped, it’ll just be one per day, and I’ll drop them whenever the time and place feels right!
If you want to join my hunt for crocheted critters in Seattle and Vancouver, follow me on either twitter or facebook to track my drops! I just ask for two things if you find a critter: 1) Send me a photo of your new friend! 2) Let me know where the little buddy’s new home will be! Good luck, and happy hunting!