As a Houstonian with a huge love for Cajun/Creole food, I’m ashamed to say that I’ve somehow never visited New Orleans as an adult, even though it’s just a 5 hour drive away and it’s full of food, culture, and lots of amazing spooky history. It’s basically right up my alley, and it’s SO easily accessible to me, and somehow the only time I went was as a teenager with my parents. That being said, I’ll be visiting The Big Easy next week from 11/7-11/10 to basically stuff my face and make up for lost time! And I’m bringing two little critters with me to drop! I’ll be leaving these little guys around with clues to their locations posted to my facebook and twitter in my usual tradition.
If I’m going to be visiting NOLA, it only felt appropriate that I make characters who are also New Orleans natives!
First up, a smooth-talking Cajun with a propensity for throwing cards at people:
“Playin’ for keeps is still playin’, mon ami, so take a card.”
I know Wolverine gets most of the attention from the classic X-Men animated series, but let’s be honest here, Gambit was easily the coolest cat on the team.
And the other critter: a princess who is no stranger to hard work and knows how to handle herself!
“What you give is what you get.”
Princess Tiana might be one of the only Disney princesses to talk about working for what you want, and I am ALL for that.
If you’ve never followed my drops before, here’s what you need to know:
- Follow me either on facebook or twitter, but I highly suggest twitter for drop-tracking. Facebook does a weird thing where it doesn’t show my posts in real-time based on whatever magical algorithm they use to control people’s newsfeeds.
The Geeky Hooker
- Follow the hashtag #CRITTERDROP to filter out my tweets if you want to see the ones pertaining to the drops only.
- Set up a twitter mobile alert on your phone! This isn’t required, but it’ll help! This way your phone will buzz every time I make a post on twitter, so you won’t miss a single drop! You might end up with your phone buzzing like crazy if I’m geeking out over something during my trip, but otherwise I’ll try to keep it tame. 😉 Instructions on how to set this up can be found here.
- If you find a critter, let me know that you found it! Please, please, PLEASE check in if you find a critter. Each one is tagged with a card with my contact info. I just ask for two things if you find one: 1) Send me a photo of your new friend, and 2) Let me know where the critter’s new home will be so I can add it to my map! I do this knowing that there’s a potential that anyone could swipe the critter and never get back to me on it, but it doesn’t make it any less disheartening when one goes missing.
- Drops will take place from 11/7-11/10
- I’ll only drop one critter per day. No pairs/groups of critters.
No specific hints on where my critters will be dropped, and I’ll drop them whenever the time and place feels right! Find them and they’re yours to keep!
If you want to join my hunt for crocheted critters in New Orleans, follow me on either twitter or facebook to track my drops! I just ask for two things if you find a critter: 1) Send me a photo of your new friend! 2) Let me know where the little buddy’s new home will be! Good luck, and happy hunting!
The Geeky Hooker