Iceland! It’s been on my bucket list for so long and it’s finally happening! I’ll be taking the Ring Road around the entire island for 11 days and I can’t wait to see all the gorgeous scenery and see some puffins, whales, and those adorable horses with the rockstar hair. And of course it wouldn’t be a hooker vacation unless I brought some critters with me:
Porgs. Freaking porgs. Fun fact: porgs exist because the creators of Star Wars: The Last Jedi couldn’t get rid of the puffins during filming, so they just CGI’ed them into a whole new species. Since Iceland has lots of puffins, I felt that it was appropriate that I bring some porgs with me! I’m bringing not one, not two, but THREE of these little buggers to the land of fire and ice. (Side note: I also have a free pattern written up for these little guys if you can’t find one out in Iceland!)
I’m also bringing a little Mario mushroom with me! I made one of these for my trip to Singapore and Bali back in January, and I’ve made another for this round in Iceland! I had mentioned offhandedly on my social media accounts back then that I was going to post a pattern for the mushroom – things got busy for me, but the pattern is finally up! So if you don’t get a chance to find the mushroom out in Iceland, you can make one yourself at home! 🙂
That’s a total of four critters that I’ll be taking with me on my trip. If you’ll be in Iceland from 4/24-5/4, be on the lookout for these little guys! I plan on dropping two in Reykjavik, one on 4/24 and another on 5/4, but the remaining two will be dropped somewhere around other parts of the island between 4/25-5/3 as I make my way around!
If you’ve never followed my drops before, here’s what you need to know:
- Follow me either on facebook or twitter, but I highly suggest twitter for drop-tracking. Facebook does a weird thing where it doesn’t show my posts in real-time based on whatever magical algorithm they use to control people’s newsfeeds.
- Follow the hashtag #CRITTERDROP to filter out my tweets if you want to see the ones pertaining to the drops only.
- Set up a twitter mobile alert on your phone! This isn’t required, but it’ll help! This way your phone will buzz every time I make a post on twitter, so you won’t miss a single drop! You might end up with your phone buzzing like crazy if I’m geeking out over something during my trip, but otherwise I’ll try to keep it tame. 😉 Instructions on how to set this up can be found here.
- Critters will be dropped one at a time. No groups of critters will be dropped.
- If you find a critter, let me know that you found it! Please, please, PLEASE check in if you find a critter. Each one is tagged with a card with my contact info. I just ask for two things if you find one: 1) Send me a photo of your new friend, and 2) Let me know where the critter’s new home will be so I can add it to my map! I do this knowing that there’s a potential that anyone could swipe the critter and never get back to me on it, but it doesn’t make it any less disheartening when one goes missing.
No specific hints on where my critters will be dropped, just follow along and try your luck! 🙂 Happy hunting!
If you want to join my hunt for crocheted critters in Iceland, follow me on either twitter or facebook to track my drops! I just ask for two things if you find a critter: 1) Send me a photo of your new friend! 2) Let me know where the little buddy’s new home will be! Good luck, and happy hunting!