I’m heading to New York City for a weekend vacation this coming Thursday! And I’ve decided to take some critters with me! Almost the entire Marvel Universe is based in New York City, so it was only appropriate that I went with Marvel characters this time around. I’ll be in town from 3/2-3/5, but I’ll only be doing drops from 3/2-3/4, and I’ll be spending most of my time around Manhattan. I’ll only have 3 critters with me and I’ll only drop one each day from Thursday-Saturday, so keep an eye out! Here’s who I’ll be bringing with me:
I’ve got a kid from Queens….
A kid from Brooklyn…
…and a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist.
And here’s all three of them together! (this photo shows the actual critters that I’ll be bringing!)
If you’ve never followed my drops before, here’s what you need to know:
- Follow me either on facebook or twitter, but I highly suggest twitter for drop-tracking. Facebook does a weird thing where it doesn’t show my posts in real-time based on whatever magical algorithm they use to control people’s newsfeeds.
- Follow the hashtag #CRITTERDROP to filter out my tweets if you want to see the ones pertaining to the drops only.
- Set up a twitter mobile alert on your phone! This isn’t required, but it’ll help! This way your phone will buzz every time I make a post on twitter, so you won’t miss a single drop! You might end up with your phone buzzing like crazy if I’m geeking out over something during my trip, but otherwise I’ll try to keep it tame. 😉 Instructions on how to set this up can be found here.
- If you find a critter, let me know that you found it! Please, please, PLEASE check in if you find a critter. Each one is tagged with a card with my contact info. I just ask for two things if you find one: 1) Send me a photo of your new friend, and 2) Let me know where the critter’s new home will be so I can add it to my map! I do this knowing that there’s a potential that anyone could swipe the critter and never get back to me on it, but it doesn’t make it any less disheartening when one goes missing.
- I’ll be dropping on critter per day from Thursday-Saturday (3/2-3/4). No pairs/groups of critters.
And I’m going to give just ONE spoiler in terms of where and when I’m going to drop a specific critter: I’ve got dinner reservations in Brooklyn on Friday evening (3/3), so I’ll be dropping Captain America back where he’s from while I’m out there! Otherwise Spider-Man and Iron Man will be dropped whenever I feel like the time and place is right! Happy hunting!
If you want to join my hunt for crocheted critters in New York City this weekend, follow me on either twitter or facebook to track my drops! I just ask for two things if you find a critter: 1) Send me a photo of your new friend! 2) Let me know where the little buddy’s new home will be! Good luck, and happy hunting!